Friday, June 29, 2007

Something i saw just now left me laughing hysterically for 10 minutes. Oh boy, that is seriously funny. It definitely does good to the mood. I feel so bad for the person sabotaged but yeah, i need a good laugh now.

Before it slips through my mind again, I was having this conversation with Yas a few days back and i was telling her how much music of our generation is so different from the past. I mean, you see how all those Greatest Hits compilation albums are being released with songs from the 60s all the way to the 90s. We have memorable classics like Judy Garland's Somewhere Over the Rainbow, The Righteous Brother's Unchained Melody, Bohemian Rhapsody from Queen and so on. Legends like Whitney Houston, Bon Jovi, U2, Mariah Carey, Tammy Wynette, Air Supply has churned out tons and tons of memorable hits during their hey-days. However, if we were to fastforward time to say, 2050? Where everyone is retired and spending their time with the grandchildren. And one day, one of them would ask, "Grandpa/Grandma, could you sing me a classic from your day?" Not wanting to disappoint them, you got up slowly and starts singing "Ela Ela Eh Eh Eh Eh Under My Umbrella~!" If that's not enough, you begin shouting "Let me hear you say this shit, is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!" And when your grandchildren starts to cry, you make things worse by dancing to the song, My Humps and Don't Cha, clutching your walking stick while shaking your already loosening joint and saggy boobs. I think it's pathetic. But oh well, being catchy is what's most important now. I'm not complaining though, since i'm pretty sure i wouldn't want to sing to my grandchildren and got packed to an old folks' home the very next day. And i'm not saying those songs are bad, they're just not masterpiece. But hey, we'll never know. Those songs i'm talking about may very well be the lullaby in the future.
Call me weird but somehow, i still feel that Uncle Wahab is around. He hasn't left yet. I guess i've watched too much of Ghost Whisperer that i can't distinguish between fact and fiction now. And i tend to believe that spirits need time to crossover. Okay, i'm pretty sure something is wrong with me.

No comments: