Friday, July 13, 2007

Was talking to a friend on the phone the other day and she told me her realization on how i'm not easily affected by how people perceive me as a person. Okay, i must admit i do care about the physical appearance though, as in my weight (which is really hard to control with my crazy diet) and maybe the skin (pimples!) etc. But overall, i don't really care much about how people think of me. I mean, it's not that i don't feel a thing. Of course, it does get to me initially (very well since because i'm made of blood and flesh) but after a while, it just somehow disappear like it's being flushed out of my system. I mean, i am me and there's nothing more i can do about it. It'll be so tiring for me if i have to change myself just because i want to change other people's perception of me. And when i say other people, i'm talking about people whom doesn't have any impact in my life whatsoever. They can think whatever they want of me and i'm fine with it. What's most important is that my friends like and accept me for who i am and i am happy with being myself. I think that's what matter the most. We can't really blame people for not liking us because; number one - we aren't exactly being saint and liking everyone in this world. We do have our share of people we dislike. Number two - we aren't running for president. We don't need everyone to like us, not even the president get hundred percent votes anyway. If people don't like us, well, we just have to deal with it. It's not that i am born being able to ignore other people's view of me but more of the years of experience and how this issue being a way of life.

No comments: