Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Before the rambling starts, a BIG HUMONGOUS THANKS to Liyi, HuiYing, WeiQi and Shandy for the wonderful and thoughtful gifts! Loves it a LOT. Hahahaha. Will get on to it later. So on Monday, something funny happened. Not gonna talk about it maybe until Sunday cause i really don't want to jinx it. Hahaha. In the afternoon, met Diana and off we went to the Asian Civilisation Museum!! That's not before we hit up Central for Subway and Hokkaiddo ice cream, which the latter is a complete waste of money. Honestly, Asian Civilization Museum is ultra-coolness! There's a lot of stuff about our region, be it religious, culture or even practices. It's incredible to see all those weapons, sculptures, costumes, jewellery etc about the neighbouring countries. We bought tickets for the exhibition, On The Nalanda Trail, which is about Buddha and his journey and we initially thought that we were in the exhibition the moment we stepped in but after mingling around the place for a couple of hours, we finally stumbled upon the exhibition hall. Ha! It's even WAY cooler than all the other exhibits but no cameras were allowed in that one. But it's somehow has a very holy feel to it all. Seeing those sculptures of Buddha is just simply phenomenal and mind-blowing. Love it there. So when we were exiting, they actually have this pit stop which allows you to play with 2 traditional costumes and of course, we couldn't let this opportunity slipped by. I was holding back a little initially but after Diana tried on it, man i just can't stop playing! It's fun!!! Of course, people laughed at us but i couldn't give a heck about it.

Look at how the shadows (in the above image) looks. Real cool!






Maid? Or Courtesan? Hahaha.

Knights in, erm, pole filled with threads?


Haha, i think this lady dress looks like a scholar attire too. Which sadly, looks bad on me. Hahaha.

New way to dress. That is how the knights seduce the Emperor. Hahaha, i'm just kidding. No disrespect.
Check out their boots! It's like wedges.
Scrambling for more fun stuffs.
This shoe is funy man. I look good in it, don't i?
.
After a tiring morning with Diana, was supposed to meet Liyi and HuiYing at 2.30 pm but things aren't how it's been planned. See, Hui Ying called me around 2 and talked to me and while on the phone, someone knocked the door and when i went to open it, guess who's there? Of course it's them! Hahaha, well, i didn't expect it to be them and i was dressed in my worst, not a good sight. Hahahaha. But it's a pleasant surprise. They gave me my HUGE birthday card/poster, which has pictures of EVERYONE in my life right now - family, secondary school and poly friends. So much efforts are invested in and i absolutely love it. They shouldn't have actually, but they did. I'm really really happy about it. Of course, i'm utterly thankful. After a while, HuiYing kept wanting to hug my leg pillow, which got me kinda creeped out since it's for my leg but when i couldn't understand her hint, she took the pillow up and there lies my second present! Since it's wrapped by Liyi, there bound to be layers and layers of newspaper, hahaha. And it's a CD!!!! You know how much i love CDs. Hahaha. And it's from my favourite band, Simple Plan!! Major excitement in me okay. We were about to leave but since it's pouring rain, we lazed around my place for a while. I even cooked a disastrous looking and bad tasting maggie mee for HuiYing. Hahahahaha. The kitchen never fancy me and nice versa. Hahaha. So stoned around my place for around 3 hours before we finally move our lazy butt outta my place and head towards Vivo. Dinner at Secret Recipe cause i've been craving Tom Yum again and furthermore, my Tom Yum partner Liyi was there as well!! Hahaha. And we had Marble Cheesecake. When bill came, they refuses my money because it's my birthday treat! Awwww. I'm really thankful. You see, a very thoughtful card, my favourite band's cd and now, my favourite food? That's a FANTASTIC birthday gift! Hahahaha. And the fun doesn't stop here. It may be close to 8 but we ain't ending the day there. We head off to Sentosa for.... the Underwater World!!! I've been wanting to go there for AGES and i'm finally there today! I touched some of the fishes there and even starfish! Wanted to touch the stingray but was too scared. Hahahaha. And i was on cloud nine the entire trip there. I love how we're so close to the marine life and i was basically like a child then. I love seeing all the jellyfish, seahorses, sharks and all the fishes! I don't know how to describe my feeling because the word "overjoy" seems to be an understatement. I was literally enjoying myself. Once again, a HUGE thank you to Liyi and HuiYing for the VERY VERY MEMORABLE day out and to them and WeiQi plus Shandy, thanks so so much for the presents. I really couldn't ask for more. Like i've said many many times, i am utterly thankful and grateful for everything right now and all i can say is still, thank you to all. It has been a great birthday this year.

No comments: